CEO messages, press releases, company information disclosures and IR materials, meeting documents, contracts, training materials—our highly experienced translators meet translation-related needs arising in all aspects of business.
Translators with strong research and writing skills provide translations of academic papers, documents related to history, culture, and World Heritage, and various tourism-related materials for a wide range of customers, including universities and other educational and research institutions, art museums and science and history museums, and local government bodies.
Maintaining Simul’s strong emphasis on quality, our dedicated medical translation team provides optimal translation services based on the customer’s specific needs.
Strengths of Translation Services
We have been dedicated since our founding to constantly improving quality and this has earned strong trust and high marks from customers. Translators and checkers are managed based on quality standards defined for each service line and are assigned in optimal combinations for each project. Coordinators manage the translation process in an integrated manner to deliver quality translation in line with the requirements of the customer. New IT technologies are also utilized to further strengthen our quality management system.
Simul translators have passed our strict screening process. Translators and checkers rigorously selected from around the world translate documents related to corporate management and administration, Simul’s specialty, as well as academic, cultural, and medical documents, drawing on their extensive experience and high-level expertise.
Sales representatives listen closely to the needs of the customer and propose optimal plans for projects of all sizes based on how the document will be used, when the translation is needed by, the budget for the job, and other factors. Particularly large jobs are handled by forming a special team with coordinators and translators.
Translation Quality Management
- We understand the customer's needs and provide translations that meet the requisite specifications.
- We select the optimal translator and reviser for each translation project, which progresses under the management of a dedicated coordinator, and take responsibility for completing the project by the prescribed deadline.
- Utilizing our unique in-house manual and style guidelines for translators and revisers, we provide stable, reliable quality.
- We draw on customer feedback to improve our linguist assignments and work processes, thereby enhancing quality on an ongoing basis.
Simul is engaged in various initiatives to deliver translations of the highest quality and to
consistently meet the expectations of customers.
We are also focused on standardizing work processes, which includes acquiring and maintaining ISO 17100 (JIS Y 17100) certification.
- After the document is translated, the checker carefully inspects it against the original.
- The coordinator does a final inspection to confirm that it meets the job specifications.
- The quality manager reviews the translation and provides feedback to the translator and checker.
- Through our unique in-house manuals and guidelines, we work to standardize processes and ensure consistency.
- Promoting conformity with ISO 17100 (JIS Y 17100) and other international standards
Education and training
- We provide training programs and other measures (sharing examples of feedback from various projects, etc.) so that coordinators can develop their skills on an ongoing basis.
- We help translators and revisers hone their skills through information-sharing efforts, workshops, and more.
- We use rigorous trial translations in specific fields to screen translators for registration.
- Based on curricula vitae and in-person interviews, we assess translator aptitude and orientation.
- We regularly update our translator records with information on performance, qualifications, and other details to optimize our assignment capabilities.
Simul International is an ISO-certified translation service provider
Simul International has obtained certification for ISO 17100:2015 (Translation services – Requirements for translation services), an international standard that provides requirements for the core processes, resources, and other aspects necessary for the delivery of a quality translation service.
Supplier's declaration of conformity under ISO 18587, the international standard for post-editing
Simul has made a declaration of conformity under ISO 18587 (Translation services – Post-editing of machine translation output – Requirements), an international standard for post-editing of machine translation. Please refer to the declaration for details.