In each of its projects, Simul International adheres to the following policies to meet customer expectations and ensure high-quality translations.
- We understand the customer's needs and provide translations that meet the requisite specifications.
- We select the optimal translator and reviser for each translation project, which progresses under the management of a dedicated coordinator, and take responsibility for completing the project by the prescribed deadline.
- Utilizing our unique in-house manual and style guidelines for translators and revisers, we provide stable, reliable quality.
- We draw on customer feedback to improve our linguist assignments and work processes, thereby enhancing quality on an ongoing basis.
- We use rigorous trial translations in specific fields to screen translators for registration.
- Based on curricula vitae and in-person interviews, we assess translator aptitude and orientation.
- We regularly update our translator records with information on performance, qualifications, and other details to optimize our assignment capabilities.
- Every customer account has a dedicated coordinator who manages the entire workflow for each project, from planning to delivery.
- We fully use our in-house database to assemble the optimal teams of translators and revisers for all projects.
- For large-scale or repeat projects, we utilize computer-assisted translation (CAT) tools to streamline performance and ensure stable quality levels.
- Through our unique in-house manuals and guidelines, we work to standardize processes and ensure consistency.
- The reviser compares the source text to the translation to look for accuracy issues.
- The coordinator performs the final verification to ensure that the finished product satisfies the requisite specifications.
- Quality-management personnel conduct spot reviews of translations and relay feedback to translators and revisers.
The standard translation process
Education and training
- We provide training programs and other measures (sharing examples of feedback from various projects, etc.) so that coordinators can develop their skills on an ongoing basis.
- We help translators and revisers hone their skills through information-sharing efforts, workshops, and more.
Simul International is an ISO-certified translation service provider
Simul International has obtained certification for ISO 17100:2015 (Translation services – Requirements for translation services), an international standard that provides requirements for the core processes, resources, and other aspects necessary for the delivery of a quality translation service.
* The scope of Simul International's ISO certification covers the divisions of (1) finance, economy, and judicial affairs and (2) medicine (for translations from English to Japanese and vice versa).
* Not all of our translation services fall within the scope of ISO 17100. Please inquire if you require ISO 17100 compliant services.